One of my goals this year is to run a 5k. A friend from my ward has motivated me and convinced me to run the Murray 4th of July 5k. I haven't ran for probably 5 years, so needless to say I need some training before July. I started this program I found online at www.coolrunning.com called from couch to 5k. So far its going great.
My friend from the ward also talked me into running the Race for the Cure 5k on May 9th, just to get a feel for the distance. Since I had just started training, I wasn't quite in the shape I hoped to be in. However, I'm so glad I raced, not just to run, but just the experience. It was so amazing to see how many people came out to run or walk; there was a sea of people. I loved the uplifting attitude of everyone around. It wasn't a competition. It was a celebration of those that have beaten breast cancer, a touching memory of those who didn't and encouragement for those still fighting.
I didn't mind my time that I came in at. It gives me a great starting point and a goal to work towards for the July 4th 5k.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Way to go Michelle! That will be so fun to train and run a 5k! I did the Buddy Walk in SLC a few years ago and it had the same feeling you talked about for the Race for the Cure. So amazing. Nice picture on the tag, too. Kind of fun to look through your old pictures. Ethan is so cute--like a little man. :)
Cute picture of Ethan
Love Mom
Run those legs! I bet you will do good. You were always a speedy little runner. That's so cool you did a 5K!
Thats awsome!! I love having you as a running partner:)
You motivate me! See ya tonight!
Post a Comment