Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sweet Smell of Sucess

In my efforts to be more domestic, I have decided to start making bread. My first attempt was a complete disaster since I killed the yeast. My second attempt was an improvement; my bread rose somewhat, but all I ended up with were two piddly loaves. Finally, on my third try I ended up with this beauty. If you think it looks good, it tasted even better.


4 comments:

Kittyrunner said...

That's so good lookin bread there, Michelle. :) I'm so inspired by your success.

Krista Payne said...

It looks Marvelous!! Which recipe did you use for that bread?

Crowthers said...

Look delicious! I'm so impressed.

Michelle said...

I used the wheat bread recipe from the Better Homes and Garden cook book. The recipe says that it makes two loaves, but if you buy a bigger bread pan (10x5), you can but all of the dough in one pan and make a larger loaf which is better for making sandwiches. Also, I've since made more bread with vital wheat gluten which makes it a little softer and is supposed to preserve it longer, but really when its this good it doesn't last long anyway.