Obviously the biggest change in our lives has been having a baby. At the beginning of 2008 I was busy working 40 plus hours a week as an Account Manager at SelectHealth and having trouble keeping my pants from falling down because of my big belly. Matt was working all the time at his restaurant and in his limited spare time was still trying to finish his boat (going on two years). Matt and I were renting a house in Bountiful and trying not to freeze since there was no heat in our bedroom.
A year later in 2009... I am excited that I get to be a stay at home mom with Ethan. I love to spend the day with him and see him grow. We no longer have to worry about freezing during the winter (our heater works in every room) or shoveling a huge driveway since we bought our town home in Murray. Matt still works a lot at the restaurant, but at least now I can be home when he has his days off. Matt's boat is finished and we were actually able to take it out a couple of times last year.
Below are some of the highlights from 2008:
* Ethan made his debut a day early on my birthday. Yes, I was surprised and didn't think I was actually in labor.
* I went back to work for a week and decide to trade in my laptop and heels for diapers and tons of giggles (so worth it).
* Matt finished his boat.
* Purchased our first home. Hopefully this will be the last move for at least five years.
* Of course Ethan had a ton of firsts this year:
First Holiday: five days old on St. Patrick's Day.
First Camping Trip: at five months with Grandpa and Grandma Bird, Jaime and CRC at the Star Valley Ranch.
First Hike in the mountains.
First Teeth.
First time his Mom gets to dress him up in a cute Halloween outfit. What a cute Roamin' Gnome.
First taste of chocolate.
First Christmas: nine months old.
First Steps: on Christmas Day.
For now, Ethan is still awaiting his first hair cut and first sip of Coke.

3 comments:
loved the updated post. Your bread looks great. I'll have to try some of it next time I come down. Love MOM
I'm so glad I can check your blog. I love the pictures and videos. I like your hair cut--it looks like you've had it for awhile, but I like it! So fun to see all the firsts. It's fun to see babies experience things for the first time.
It is fun to look and see how much Ethan has changed in a year. He is so big looking now. It was a good 2008!
Post a Comment